You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2021 7:16 am  #18

Re: i really do not know why i bother,, i contacted ont. out door re-fees

Old guy (me) when I go solo pays $8.80 + tx =$9.94 per night.  So $46.05 is 463% increase.  

3/17/2021 8:18 am  #19

Numbers and stats are funny things. How one looks at them is pertinent to the outcome. Sorry to come across like an old school teacher, but here are two ways to look at the example of an existing solo rate of $9.94 and a proposed rate of $46.05 .

$46.05 divided by $9.94 = 4.63 . This translates to the new rate being 463% of the old rate.

$46.05 minus $9.94 = $36.11 . This translates to an increase of $36.11 .

$36.11 divided by $9.94 = 3.63 . This translates to the increase being 363% of the old rate.

Somewhat a case of apples and oranges! But one heck of an increase either way of looking at it! 

3/17/2021 8:26 am  #20

Not that I think it matters... they are all big numbers but Martin's Math is correct.. Assuming AP moves to the Massasauga fee structure it would all be a 270% increase. senior and regular.

Seniors rate in Massasauga is 36.86 - 9.94 = 26.92/9.94 = 2.7 * 100 = 270%

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

3/17/2021 8:42 am  #21

Math is fun!

3/17/2021 8:57 am  #22

True that Peek!

3/17/2021 5:50 pm  #23

Peek wrote:

Math is fun!

Well, it is, but only when people who do the math pay for it.

2/05/2022 6:14 pm  #24

For those rightfully concerned at the time , and possibly ignored the word " Pilot project "
Good to see politicians that listened to feedback and came to a reasonable conclusion .

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontario-parks-backcountry-camping-fees-revealed-for-2022-season-1.5766252

2/05/2022 7:26 pm  #25

That’s good news. Glad they didn’t change it but I’m certain they will eventually.

2/05/2022 8:18 pm  #26

Interesting Jdbonney  ... with that assertive statement , you must be privy to information not known to the general public ? Do you care to share and enlighten those that may not ?
Has always been easy to jump on an anti- everything bandwagon and slay the head of the dragon of the Government of the day .. nothing new ! 
Not so popular of course to acknowledge a decision that is favourable to many that voiced concerns as it relates to their adventures in Algonquin Park . 
When at the ballot box , this Spring in the next Provincial Election , I will be considering many decisions that relate to historical multi-use of Algonquin Park .
G-day and all the best ta ya Lad ! 

2/06/2022 7:04 am  #27

CptCanadaSid3Cups wrote:

For those rightfully concerned at the time , and possibly ignored the word " Pilot project "
Good to see politicians that listened to feedback and came to a reasonable conclusion .

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontario-parks-backcountry-camping-fees-revealed-for-2022-season-1.5766252

Did you actually READ the entire story? As usual Ford completely ignored ontarians... "The ministry continues to review all feedback including the results from the visitor survey conducted in 2021, and we can confirm that the Massasauga Provincial Park and the Temagami Cluster of parks will continue to participate in the pilot for the 2022 season,"

Last edited by scoutergriz (2/06/2022 7:05 am)

2/06/2022 1:15 pm  #28

I have no insider information aside from the fact that if they wanted to end this program they would have cancelled the pilots. The fact the pilot programs in mass and Temagami are ongoing tells
Me they are just biding their time.

2/08/2022 12:29 am  #29

scoutergriz  ... Very obvious I read it ... I posted it .
One thing about being an old fart , always rejuvenating to reflect over the years .
Pointing fingers and pointing blame , it has most often been from the same .
The Right Honourable Bill Davis enjoyed McKaskill Lake.
Doug Ford has a cottage North of TO .
I paddle you paddle .
I'm confident in the management of Algonquin Park .

2/08/2022 7:35 am  #30

Calling and writing letters and emails help but the only way the current government is going to listen is if they know their jobs are on the line.
In your calls and letters let them know that if this pilot project is not reversed you will Not be voting for the current party come election time and follow through.
Let's be honest here, no matter how many times we are told they are listening, the only way we are going to get this stopped and reversed is to get those who think this is a good idea out of office.

Last edited by Rob (2/08/2022 7:52 am)

2/08/2022 7:37 am  #31

Remember this come June

Dave

2/08/2022 8:25 am  #32

CptCanadaSid3Cups wrote:

scoutergriz  ... Very obvious I read it ... I posted it .
One thing about being an old fart , always rejuvenating to reflect over the years .
Pointing fingers and pointing blame , it has most often been from the same .
The Right Honourable Bill Davis enjoyed McKaskill Lake.
Doug Ford has a cottage North of TO .
I paddle you paddle .
I'm confident in the management of Algonquin Park .

i'm anything but confident with the current crop of politicians and bureaucrats. The very first thing the superintendent did was to shut all user groups or stakeholders out of any discussions, and DF is KNOWN for riding roughshod over taxpayers, concerns- He's gone in June...

2/08/2022 9:40 am  #33

What is the fine associated with an overstay in the Park?  Just curious

2/08/2022 10:03 am  #34

I have little faith in Government to do what will benefit the people over what will benefit them financially.  Election year may change that of course. We will see. 

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.