You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2021 7:48 am  #1

the last guide

thoughts and  prayers for frankie   ,,,  
     i had a chat with frank last night,,, things are not good with him.
          i have shared many cups of coffee at his kitchen table over the years,   and consider frank a great friend and a wealth of algonquin knowledge !!
  frankie told me that he is going to be given a eagle feather ceremony by his  golden lake friends very soon,, 

2/23/2021 9:02 pm  #2

Re: the last guide

Bummer... Really enjoyed the stories in Ron Corbett's books. Well wishes to he and the Kuiack family.

2/24/2021 11:57 am  #3

Sorry to hear that Frank is not doing well.  I was fortunate to have fished with Frank about 15-20 years ago.  It is a memory that I will not forget.  Amazing that Frank could roll a cigarette with one hand and paddle with the other. 

Frank and his partner Jan built an addition & outhouse at our cottage.  Although not used as much the outhouse still stands.  Apparently these 2 were quite the characters back in the day.  My grandfather used to tell some funny stories of their antics.  They left this message on the outhouse wall.
upload facebook picture

3/14/2021 10:43 pm  #4

3/15/2021 6:56 am  #5

What a great honor - and those photos - geez, just wow!

Wishing Frank and the Kuiack family all the best.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.