You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2017 7:28 am  #1

new water taxi services soon

canoe lake , cedar lake and smoke lake access points will have a water taxi services up and running for this spring canoe season.

Edit by Admin ..  This was an April Fools Joke!!!

4/01/2017 7:43 am  #2

Re: new water taxi services soon

Nice! How did you find out about that??? I'll probably take advantage of the Cedar lake one this Spring for sure!

4/01/2017 9:04 am  #3

Never understood why there wasn't one on Cedar. Will definitely be a nice addition, paddling Cedar Lake is terrifying! 

4/01/2017 9:23 am  #4

Hmmm? I concur a  taxi on cedar sounds like a good idea but I'm thinking Swedish is trying out an April Fools joke??

Last edited by ShawnD (4/01/2017 9:25 am)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

4/01/2017 10:55 am  #5

This is no joke. I heard that as well, will be able to book via AO, I was at the Huntsville store last week when I saw the flier.

Talking to the staff, Canoe Lake is such a popular day tripping destination, they are considering the possibility of offering a dinner cruise.

M

4/01/2017 2:30 pm  #6

yes, the 20 horsepower taxi's should get you across cedar in about 3 hours.

4/02/2017 1:40 pm  #7

Hello AA-ers,

Just to set the record straight, either Swedish Pimple received bad information or the original post is an April Fool joke. AO does not, and has no plans to, operate water taxi service anywhere but Lake Opeongo. And there will be no dinner cruises on Canoe Lake.

As for Brent, Jake may operate an informal taxi service on Cedar Lake but you cannot book this through AO. You must make arrangements with Jake when you are at the Brent Store.

Thanks

Gord Baker
Algonquin Outfitters

4/02/2017 2:43 pm  #8

lol

4/02/2017 2:54 pm  #9

4/02/2017 4:41 pm  #10

Does this mean that the dinner cruise will be offered only on Smoke Lake?  :D 
M

Edit by Admin ..  This was an April Fools Joke!!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.