You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2015 10:42 am  #1

Where in Algonquin 2

Now that we have a dedicated sub-forum for Where in Algonquin, and now that page breaks come more quickly than on the old forum (every 10 posts instead of 20), what would people think about starting a new thread for each round? Main advantage would be not having to browse through the thread to figure out what's the current photo being guessed -- even if guesses do go on for multiple pages you'd just have to click to page 1. And it won't make WiA threaads dominate the forum since they're all in one sub-forum and there will rarely be more than one active at a time. Barry, is there any technical reason to avoid this approach?

Either way it's probably time for a new thread now, so here, with apologies for the low resolution.

8/31/2015 6:37 pm  #2

Re: Where in Algonquin 2

Proulx Lake ?

8/31/2015 11:57 pm  #3

Nope.

9/01/2015 6:24 am  #4

Dan .. "what would people think about starting a new thread for each round?" That's a good idea! And titling and numbering each new thread as "Where In Algonquin #" (as you've done) will make it all the more easy to follow!

BTW I've just now changed the number of posts per page from 10 to 15.

9/01/2015 6:58 am  #5

Thanks for your comment, glad we agree.

By the way I didn't mean my comment about the 10 posts per page set up to be a complaint, it's a fairly standard page length for forums, but if you or other members prefer 15 that doesn't bother me either.

9/01/2015 8:31 am  #6

Attempt #2 , is it Hambone Lake?

9/01/2015 9:08 am  #7

Pen Lake

9/01/2015 11:37 am  #8

Nope, not Hambone or Pen.

The first hint will be a second photo of the same rocky point from a different angle.

9/01/2015 12:48 pm  #9

Ragged

9/01/2015 2:04 pm  #10

Nah, I don't think I'd post a WiA pic from a lake I'd just reported back from the previous week. Too obvious

9/01/2015 4:08 pm  #11

I've stayed there twice...it's in the northwest corner of Bonnechere Lake. 

9/01/2015 4:23 pm  #12

Bonnechere it is. You're up, LaLoche.

9/01/2015 4:32 pm  #13

Interesting site. There is a little shelf along the rock, in the water next to the point. You can stand in calf-deep water and unload the canoe, and get water, etc, and dive off it into the deeper water. fun. Getting the canoe up to the site is a pain in the butt, though.

...so I'll start another thread called "Where in Algonquin 3", okay?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.