You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2017 7:53 am  #1

Drummer Lake Lean to?

Hi guys. Hoping to get up to the park Family Day weekend for two nights. No certain plans yet. Thinking possibly just Mew Lake but alternatively  the air field there or leaving from Canoe lake and interior camping somewhere around Drummer.  Is anyone aware of the condition of the lean to at Drummer. Fire pit etc? Have never been to that area but thinking it may be a good spot for a lunch stop or ??? . Just wondering what it's like. Any advice appreciated . Thanks.

2/07/2017 8:16 am  #2

Re: Drummer Lake Lean to?

Shayne - these photos are from 2012. 

Drummer Lake Pine Stump Lean-To.

Last edited by Peek (2/07/2017 8:16 am)

2/07/2017 9:01 am  #3

Thanks. I do remember seeing these on your site before but forgot about them. I wonder if any more current info will surface. Doesn't appear to be an actual summer campsite? Guess I figured it was. Thanks for the pics.

2/07/2017 9:09 am  #4

Good news then - It absolutely is a summer campsite - you can see the pit and fire grill in the 2nd pic. Decent site - I'd stay here, especially if it was windy!

2/07/2017 10:25 am  #5

Worth checking out  for sure.

2/07/2017 3:53 pm  #6

I was through this way last July, everything was still in good shape, no extra lean.... there is also a trail that heads to this spot from Camp Tamakwa. Not quite sure how to access this, as I went through Sam and Gill Lakes.

this time of year i would advise not to use the rope swing!!

2/09/2017 2:26 pm  #7

I slept in that lean-to back in 1987. There was a rope swing there also. Probably etched something inside.

Last edited by Bordenman (2/09/2017 2:27 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.