You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2016 4:50 pm  #1

Magnetawan to White Trout Loop

Greetings,

Part one of a trip report has been posted to my website http://wp.me/p4KQ1Q-GR
Part two can be read here: http://wp.me/p4KQ1Q-Jr
Final part can be read here: http://wp.me/p4KQ1Q-JQ

Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Last edited by Waboose Adventures (8/01/2016 12:16 pm)

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

7/26/2016 11:32 pm  #2

Re: Magnetawan to White Trout Loop

Very nice read and the pictures are great. I've been up that way twice this year and it was nice seeing familiar places through your photography. too bad about that peninsula sight on Misty. Sigh! I didn't get it either time I was on the lake. It sure looks sweet. I like your reflector oven. What's the brand?

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

7/27/2016 6:26 pm  #3

Hello, 

Part two is now available on my website. http://wp.me/p4KQ1Q-Jr

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Waboose Adventures (7/27/2016 6:28 pm)

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

7/27/2016 6:27 pm  #4

kellycamps wrote:

Very nice read and the pictures are great. I've been up that way twice this year and it was nice seeing familiar places through your photography. too bad about that peninsula sight on Misty. Sigh! I didn't get it either time I was on the lake. It sure looks sweet. I like your reflector oven. What's the brand?

K

Thanks for reading, kellycamps! The reflector oven is from Svante Fredan. I can't say enough about it. It works incredibly!

7/28/2016 7:07 am  #5

Awesome trip report & photos

7/28/2016 7:55 am  #6

Thanks, ChristineCanoes!

7/28/2016 4:12 pm  #7

Is that a titanium piece? I'm pretty sure I contacted him a couple years ago about designing a solo size oven.
K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

7/29/2016 10:22 am  #8

I'm not sure, kellycamps. We bought ours from Canadian Outdoor Equipment Company https://www.canadianoutdoorequipment.com/reflector-oven-by-svante-freden.html

7/29/2016 7:58 pm  #9

Fantastic trip report, and amazing photography.  I love that island site on McIntosh--superb panoramic views.  But I had similar experience to yours last year.  The previous occupants had left a ton of garbage in and around the fire pit, including half-burned plastic bottles and charred meat, and like you, I launched an incineration mission for the burnable bits.  I suppose such great sites along the primary routes attract all kinds of people, including the grossly inconsiderate.  Anyway, thanks for sharing your trip in this great part of the Park.

8/01/2016 6:51 am  #10

Thanks, PaddleForward! Yes, it was a great site! To me, it felt like most of the sites we stayed on were a bit trashy or well-used. I wasn't expecting that. I often wonder if there is anything more Ontario Parks can do to educate people who are going into the backcountry. For the first time ever, I had to sign a waiver on the back of my permit at Kearney for understanding the basic rules and regs when it comes to camping in the backcountry (no cutting live tress, no leaving fires unattended, hanging food up, no cans/bottles etc). Apparently all permit offices should be doing this.

It's probably too late if someone has brought a bunch of cans/bottles at the time of picking up their permit and have already planned their food, etc. Should there be more information given to the permit holder at the time of making the reservation? Could this help eliminate the trash, garbage and hacking of live trees left behind at campsites?

The park has been around for many years, so I know the sites will be well-used, but man, some were just terrible!

8/01/2016 12:17 pm  #11

The final trip report can be read here: http://wp.me/p4KQ1Q-JQ

Thanks for reading along!

8/03/2016 11:36 am  #12

Good read - thanks. While some folks' lack of respect for their fellow campers can be frustrating, try not to let it get to you. If it weren't for your beautiful photos which shout "I'm really happy to be here" I'm not sure I'd be convinced you had a good time ;)

8/04/2016 8:09 am  #13

Uppa wrote:

I'm not sure I'd be convinced you had a good time ;)

Thanks for reading Uppa! Let me assure you that any time spent out in Algonquin is wonderful. However, aspects of this particular route showed real signs of disrespect. I guess I wasn't expecting that. But, overall the weather was amazing, the company with me was the best, and the scenery is always breathtaking!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.