You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2016 6:00 am  #1

Campsite ID

On the way out  last weekend we saw a nice looking site on Pen but didn't notice a campsite  sign. It was occupied however. Was on the east side of the lake, was elevated and had a great looking Sandy beach and landing. It may be #8 on the PCI map but unsure. Can anyone give some insight to this for sure. Would love to take the family here but not even certain if it was an actual site or just occupied by squatters.  Thanks.

5/27/2016 6:35 am  #2

Re: Campsite ID

Hi Shayne .. Years before starting the PCI project, I stayed at site #8. I recall the 'sign, landing and tentsites' being on the 'backside' of the pine-knoll that overlooks the 'beach'. If you stay there, I suggest hanging a clothesline and towels between a pair of the pines so passing canoers realize the site is taken. Otherwise, you could have people pulling ashore on the beach to see if the campsite is taken or to use the beach.

5/27/2016 7:12 am  #3

Re: Campsite ID

Awesome. Thanks Barry. Good to know.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.