You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 5:12 pm  #1

3 Night trip Access #3

I am planning on leaving June 2nd for a 3 night trip starting from Magnetawan Lake. I wont be in Kearney until at least 4PM on the first day so I want to camp on Hambone or Daisy for the first night. Second night will either be Little Misty or Queer but I am stuck between the two (any suggestions)? Third and final night will be Ralph Bice for sure because I want to tackle the main lake as early as possible the last day to beat any high winds. 
Just wondering what to expect on the Petewawa between Daisy and Little Misty? I am assuming Queer/Little Trout should provide the best trout opportunities? If little trout has significantly better camp-sites than Ralph Bice I would also consider that an option for night 3.

5/24/2016 7:17 am  #2

Re: 3 Night trip Access #3

Hey Token. I just got back from doing that loop yesterday. Although we did it the other way round. The Pet seemed a little low for spring but there was enough water to float two guys and all our gear. One beaver dam to lift over. I enjoyed the river paddling the most. Little Misty is nice single site lake but we did not fish it.
  We stayed on Queer and are glad we did. The bugs were biting but so were the fish. I've stayed on little Trout too(liked site #5) and did well there also. Site #7 on Queer on the PCI is a nice grassy site on a point(helped a little with the bugs).  #6 is good also with a deep drop off right in front. If forced to choose, I'd pick Queer.
  I've never camped on Ralph Bice, and never been able to check them out. It's always been a fight with wind and waves for me on that lake, so I don't know about the sites there. 

5/24/2016 2:36 pm  #3

Re: 3 Night trip Access #3

I booked the Wednesday off work as well giving me and extra 2 days because Tuesday is my normal day off.. Now I have Tue. Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. I will probably leave early Tuesday morning and camp on Daisy. For the second night I am stuck between Queer and Little Trout? The last night will be booked on Ralph Bice but if its calm I will probably move onto Hambone on that day.
Basically just stuck between Queer and Little Trout.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.