You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2015 2:51 pm  #1

Opeongo Lakers

Afternoon folks, first time posting. I'm heading to Opeongo next weekend and camping up in the East Arm. I was hoping to go for some Lake Trout. My plan was to troll in/around 40-60ft using either a Williams spoon or a rapala, possibly tipped with a salted minnow if I can find some. 

I'm interested to hear from others to see:   if I'm on the right track for Opeongo, certain areas I should focus on, and any different colour patterns that work best.  Thanks for the comments. 

8/20/2015 3:12 pm  #2

Re: Opeongo Lakers

welcome keeper,,
     pick up the "fishing in algonquin park" booklet from the access tuck shop,the red book.
it features hydrographic maps of opie and other park lakes. key along sunnyside, nice camp sites. also very east end, near annie bay entrance last 4 sites all beach front and a spring that runs along the beach. easy to spot. good cold water. 
  lettuce know how ya make out    i might be headed up that way sat?

8/20/2015 3:51 pm  #3

Re: Opeongo Lakers

Good advice from swede, just one thing -- the title you're looking for is "Lake Depth Maps of Algonquin Provincial Park". There's a seperate book you'll see on the same shelf called "Fishing in Algonquin Provincial Park", but it's not red and it doesn't have depth mapping. Does have lots about trout ecology and management in the park though.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.