You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2015 2:22 pm  #1

Naptha Stove

Does anyone other than Coleman make a two burner naptha stove? I have had a few issues with my 4 year old Coleman and want to replace it,(they don't make them like they used to), but the similar stoves I've seen are all propane or butane, which is not what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance,
Skeeter

8/20/2015 3:02 pm  #2

Re: Naptha Stove

over the years i have had problems with my 2 burner coleman white gas stove. the stove would not prime when pumped. if this is your problem, place several drops of oil near the end piece of the primer handle, base of fuel tank.should be marked by small hole. this will ensure a tighter seal to prime the stove,, hope this helps?

8/20/2015 5:15 pm  #3

Skeeter

Take the stove apart and clean it
replace the pump leather and oil it
Then Replace the generator tube

I have a 60+ year old Coleman that I did that to and it runs great!!!

The new fuel seems to gum and dirty up the stove.

8/25/2015 9:58 am  #4

I've also had issues with my 2 burner Coleman (and it's not very old).  I've stripped it down, cleaned it good (using a brush for the burner tubes etc), changed and oiled the pump parts....The thing flares up like crazy still.  Seems odd to me as I know Coleman stuff can last for decades.  I'd be interested in an alternative as well.

On a side note, I have a 3 burner Coleman propane stove and that thing works like a charm....So nice having that third burner too

8/25/2015 10:32 am  #5

You should be able to find an answer from one of these sites. Great sites.

http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/

http://classiccampstoves.com/

Dave

8/25/2015 12:59 pm  #6

one of my coleman 2 burner stove has a copper fuel tank. from the 60`s?  we bought it to go to expo 67 in montreal. still works fine.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.