You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2016 12:08 pm  #1

Harry lake camp sites

Heading into harry lake this spring and was wondering what site is the best on the lake ? as well if there are any trails leading into crystal lake want to go visit jason 

4/15/2016 12:34 pm  #2

Re: Harry lake camp sites

I usually stay on Welcome when I go to the Galipo lakes. I love the beaches there. I can't say anything about a trail to Crystal Lake, but so long as you aren't a teenager fooling around with your gal, you may be alright.

4/15/2016 1:00 pm  #3

Didn't stay on it but this one looked good.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

4/15/2016 7:35 pm  #4

We stayed on the first site on Harry coming from Welcome. Awesome beautiful beach site.

Last edited by kayamedic (4/15/2016 7:36 pm)

4/16/2016 9:07 am  #5

thanks for the info gents! maybe ill do a trip report when I get back ? you have some awesome trip reports shawn D

4/16/2016 11:09 am  #6

Sorry Hollywood no trip report..

One comment though and a few pics for you of the area... Welcome Pen Rock Rence.. Sorry none of Harry :-(

If you are doing the loop ..We did it counterclockwise because someone had to be home early on the last day and an out from Pen was faster than from Louisa.. If I had my choice I would do it clockwise.. more wind at your back and more down hill.. if just heading to Harry disregard..

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/Shawnld/2015%20summer%20146_zpsshlsdqmg.jpg">

Last edited by ShawnD (4/16/2016 11:19 am)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

4/16/2016 12:34 pm  #7

Thanks shawn D nice photos looks like a beautiful part of the park. first time tripping to this area. trip report was from a different shawn different area my bad !

4/17/2016 7:01 am  #8

The site ShawnD indicated on the map is a great one. That and the beach site as you come in from Welcome were the best two sites on Harry.

4/17/2016 7:39 am  #9

Last spring we camped on the site Shawn indicated. We thought it was the best site on the lake.  It's roomy, has a great view, and easy canoe access.  
The beach site was also excellent.  One potential downside is, if a cool west wind was blowing it would be very uncomfortable.  Otherwise very nice.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.