You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Yesterday 2:40 pm  #1

Preliminary Planning for 2025

Have a 4 night 5 day route in mind for for next season.  A loop from Canoe Lake through Sunbeam , White Trout, Big Trout , Otterslide Creek , Burnt Island and Canoe to finish.  Wondering how realistic it might be to plan to camp on Sunbeam, Big Trout and Burnt Island for last 2 nights. Doable? Paddle planner says  5-6 hrs of paddling per day . Looking for insight on how accurate paddle planner is? TIA

Yesterday 3:10 pm  #2

Re: Preliminary Planning for 2025

I did a similar loop years back but stayed on Little Otterslide instead of Burnt island.

Only issue I could see is if Burnt island is busy and you have to paddle against the wind at the end of the 6h+ day to find an empty site.

Last edited by keg (Yesterday 3:11 pm)

Today 7:23 am  #3

Thanks for the insight Keg. Maybe we'll hold up on Little Otterslide.  Likely  a September trip. Not the August crowds but still busy time on a popular lake for sure. 

Today 7:50 am  #4

I'm a big fan of Little Otterslide.  I've stayed on it twice now while doing a similar trip in September and I'm pretty sure that I was the only one on the lake.  Saw 1 other solo tripper a few years ago paddle by.  The hills to the south are also beautiful when the colors change.

Today 8:06 am  #5

Guyute wrote:

I'm a big fan of Little Otterslide.  I've stayed on it twice now while doing a similar trip in September and I'm pretty sure that I was the only one on the lake.  Saw 1 other solo tripper a few years ago paddle by.  The hills to the south are also beautiful when the colors change.

Awesome. This  loop will recieve some  heavy consideration.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.