You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2023 5:39 pm  #1

Labour Day Loop

Happy New Year everyone! Just under the wire for 2023 I've finished up my Labour Day trip report. This was a four day loop out of Cedar Lake. We stayed on Catfish, Philip and Clamshell. This was a top five all-time trip as far as I'm concerned. The route was awesome, the weather was perfect and there were rope swings for everyone. The write up is below if you want some Algonquin content to ring in 2024.

https://allofalgonquin.com/2023/12/31/cedar-loop-2023-hogan-philips-clamshell-and-more/

1/01/2024 1:05 pm  #2

Re: Labour Day Loop

Great report, and good plan to switch direction. I've stayed on that site on Clamshell, it is a gem. We caught a nice walleye there just to add to the ambience.

1/01/2024 6:01 pm  #3

Great write up Drew!  It isn't every day that bloggers get to drop "exsanguinate" - well played : )  I love that you guys took a bucket of beach toys (group shot on Cedar). Who says grown men can't be kids? Certainly not the rope swing.   

1/05/2024 9:56 am  #4

Thanks guys (or I guess I could say Gords). Glad you enjoyed it. I think I’ve mentioned that I’m not much of a fisherman myself, but I’m kind of curious what other types of fish might be in Clamshell. Based solely on the fact that it’s really deep I’m hoping there’s some kind of freshwater megabass that’s evolved in there and is just hanging out near the bottom.

Re: exsanguinate, that thesaurus I got for Christmas ‘96 finally paid off.

1/05/2024 10:09 am  #5

I've caught catfish & walleye in Clamshell in the past

1/05/2024 9:47 pm  #6

Ooopps. Here we go again .. describing catches in 'smaller' lakes! Clamshell Lake is under 33 hectares .. way under the forum's 60 hectare cut-off. I realize the discussion wasn't mentioning trout by name, but please lets just stick to the size cut-off. Thanks.

1/06/2024 11:24 am  #7

Right! My bad.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.