You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2023 12:23 am  #1

Late October Canoe Rentals - Rock Lake

Planning a 3 night trip from Oct 26 - Oct 29 from Rock Lake access point. It's the last weekend that backcountry reservations are available from this access point, but every outfitter I've contacted seems to close for canoe rental after Thanksgiving. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for canoe rentals aside from the typical options?

8/27/2023 2:23 pm  #2

Re: Late October Canoe Rentals - Rock Lake

If you are entering the park from the west side (as in, via Huntsville), you can rent a canoe from Algonquin Outfitters in Oxtongue Lake. We don't deliver at that time but can tie it to your vehicle so you can take it to Rock L. We also rent foam blocks and straps if you don't have your own. (Full disclosure, I work for AO).

Last edited by AO_GordB (8/27/2023 2:25 pm)

8/27/2023 2:58 pm  #3

I'll be coming in from the east, but I may take you up on the suggestion and just do the extra drive. Doesn't seem like there are many options. I'll be in a pickup truck though...doable to tie the canoe down somehow? Truck has an 8ft bed.

8/27/2023 7:32 pm  #4

ty_wagner85 wrote:

I'll be coming in from the east, but I may take you up on the suggestion and just do the extra drive. Doesn't seem like there are many options. I'll be in a pickup truck though...doable to tie the canoe down somehow? Truck has an 8ft bed.

Yep, doable tie-down. See you then, we are open 9-5 at that time. Reservations not essential but not a bad idea a week of so ahead of time.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.