You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2023 7:58 am  #1

May Trip from Canoe to Big Trout and back

Here's a write up and some pictures from a recent trip through some lakes that we wanted to revisit as a "vacation" trip.  The wind and cold made it a bit more of an adventure, but that's just a happy surprise.

May Trip 2023 | IanTendy and the Outdoors (wordpress.com)

I'll be making a video log too, but who knows when I'll actually get around to editing that?  I've still got a personal vid from last summer to put together!

6/01/2023 9:42 am  #2

Re: May Trip from Canoe to Big Trout and back

Thanks for sharing the details of your trip Ian.  Loved the writeup and pics of it all.  We certainly chewed through some of the same weather that week!

6/01/2023 11:50 am  #3

Great write up. Brought back memories of the same loop from a couple years back. Sounds like a good trip. We were out at the same time, but in the Kiosk area. I also pushed my sleeping bag to the limit on that trip, maybe even past it. Great pictures too!

6/02/2023 9:58 am  #4

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

Brought back memories of the same loop from a couple years back.

Your less-than-optimal trip report is what really pushed us to make for Burnt Island while it was calm!  Also, RIP you your paddle on that trip.  Those are irreplaceable.  

12/11/2023 8:10 pm  #5

Just to get that other Ian's story off the front page, I finally edited my May trip's video.

think I was the first video to use Jeff's new maps as reference.  I guess it pays to procrastinate...or something.

12/12/2023 4:45 pm  #6

Thanks for sharing the video about your spring trip!  Brought back a lot of great memories of my own spring trip, including how chilly it was on a couple mornings.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.