You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2023 3:44 pm  #1

Avenza - Jeff’s Map

I got a new phone yesterday and I’ve discovered that while everything else ported over from my old one, my copy of Jeff’s Algonquin Map is gone from Avenza. Anyone run into this and have a way to recover? I know it’s not in the store anymore but I’m hoping it’s somewhere out there.

Edit: the phone is an iPhone if that makes a difference.

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (4/01/2023 3:45 pm)

4/03/2023 4:59 pm  #2

Re: Avenza - Jeff’s Map

I also ran in to this when I got a new phone in November. Quick research and attempts didn't result in any success to get it back. Interested to know if there's a way.

4/03/2023 5:24 pm  #3

Nothing

Last edited by scratchypants (4/04/2023 5:48 am)

4/03/2023 8:23 pm  #4

Sorry all, but I purposefully didn’t share that version publicly.

As an aside, @ScratchyPants, I would kindly request that folks PM me directly for copies of my map. Long story short, the copyright info is wrong on the version that is floating around. It incorrectly indicates that the map is ©️Jeff’s Map Ltd, but I never transferred my ©️ to the company and instead own it personally. I’m also happy to share additional info with anyone who gets in touch, including info about known errors/changes.

Thanks so much for understanding! =)

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

4/04/2023 9:10 am  #5

And if anyone wants to get their money back, here is 'Eric's address and contact info:

Hwang Yong Kim 10 Tangreen Court #1304 North York

Last edited by Lenny (4/04/2023 9:10 am)

4/04/2023 3:44 pm  #6

FYI that's his old address. If someone actually wants to pursue him though (i.e. small claims) I'd be happy to share what I know, but very frustratingly the costs involved are much higher than what people lost. That's what let him get away with it for so long.

I'm very happy that's he's *finally* stopped though. I think Shopify (they provided the web store) banned him, but I'm not 100% on that.

4/26/2023 5:15 pm  #7

I just found out I'm in the same boat. The map loads properly from my iPad, but not my new iPhone. Discovered this as I prep for the opening. On my iPhone when I redownload the file, I just get a blank white screen. I wonder if the original on the avenza store was overwritten.

4/26/2023 6:19 pm  #8

@JohnR - PM sent

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.