You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2022 12:26 pm  #1

Rock Lake in November

We spent Wednesday night and Thursday night last week on Rock Lake.   This is normally a busy lake with the campground, dozens of leasehold cabins and of course the interior campsites.  It was a real pleasure to be there in early November and we actually never saw anyone else there during our three day stay.   We picked campsite #3 which was a beautiful site and also had the advantage of providing a view of the early sunrise and sunset.  As this was to be a no portaging trip we were able to bring along our folding table and a couple of camping chairs.

On Thursday we did a day trip to Galeairy Lake.   It has been decades since I have been on that lake and I had no memory that there are some nice campsites in the west end of the lake.  Since the lake extends out of the park to Whitney it is open to motorboats.   We did see one motorboat while we were there and I would have to assume there is a lot more boat traffic in the summer months.

There is no guarantee of good weather in November so we have been really blessed with warm weather this year through most of October and early November.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.