You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2022 2:00 pm  #1

Wendigo Lake Road

Hi all,

I haven't been able to get a hold of the staff at the Brent gate. I was wondering if anyone has been through the Wendigo Road recently. I have been down a couple of times and one of the times it was in very rough shape and the next it was totally washed out. Going to North Depot friday and clamshell saturday and sunday. 

Cheers

Lenny

5/20/2022 12:55 pm  #2

Re: Wendigo Lake Road

Hi Lenny,

I made it down to the boat launch 3 weeks ago in my Hyundai Accent. Last fall and spring I couldn’t drive the road as it was too rough for my vehicle.

Good luck!

5/26/2022 9:44 am  #3

Thanks Dwight! Road was rough but passable. Would definitely take an suv or truck if you have one but can likely take a car (at your own risk). i do wish they did a better job of maintaining the road but I know they have limited funds and can only do so much. Nice to see the culvert size at the bottom of the hill upgraded and that part of the road reconstructed. Parking lot was very busy, lots of people on wendigo.

5/26/2022 3:32 pm  #4

I guess the interesting question is who is responsible for that road as it is not in the park.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.