You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2022 6:24 pm  #1

Access 18b

Does anyone Know if there is parking or even an access at 18b on dennisons bay on Aylen lake. Trying to avoid the paddle across aylen lake.

3/22/2022 8:57 am  #2

Re: Access 18b

I'm asuming you mean 18A? In 2017 I stopped in at the Aylen Lake Marina. The couple  there gave me directions on where to park. It was essentially a just field of tall grass . It may not have been the actual access point as water access was steep and tricky. My advice would be to stop and ask at the marina. There use to be an access point office there as well but that has been closed for many years as well.  I went in as far as Robitaille Lake . The portages were tough but overall still navigable. The first to O'Neil lake is marked red. I would disagree LOL! It's been a few years since I was there last though.  On the second, the 1420 to Robitaille , there's a spot marked as flooded by beavers and you need to paddle. As you approach this spot you'll see a canoe rest. At the rest you can turn right and make your way along the top of the dam. Was sketchy but doable . If I remember correctly after this spot there was a section of steep rock to climb Which opens up to a clearing of Canadian Shield once on top. Perfect spot for a rest  . Nice area of the park that I don't imagine is often travelled . Note. You can access the portage from either side of the peninsula with the campsite as the trail goes right through campsite . I realized this on the way out . Also, at the end of O'Neil there was an extensive log jam to navigate before getting to the take out to the 1420 to Robitaille.

Last edited by Shayne74 (3/23/2022 9:38 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.