You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/24/2021 4:17 pm  #1

That special time of year!

Hello all you AA'ers out there!  Thought I'd start a little feel-good holiday thread.  Been another heck of a year, but hopefully everybody was able to get in some memorable canoe-tripping.  Canoeing highlight for me this year was simply returning to Algonquin after such a depressingly long COVID-border-closed delay.  It was a real battery charger to get back to the park and enjoy a little four-day trip.  

May the wind be at your back on all the big lakes in 2022 (fat chance), may muck never overcome your footwear (fat chance), may your firewood be ever-dry (fat chance), may the roots of trees and the sharp edges of rocks be never under your tent (fat chance), but hopefully a great chance that you may enjoy a blessed holiday season and a canoe-tastic 2022.  (For those of you in Kayaks, have a kay-tastic 2022, and for those of you on foot, have a....foot-tastic 2022.) 

I have been, remain, and will always be extremely grateful to Barry for this site, to Canada for setting aside the beautiful area we call Algonquin Park (I have very deep affection for my neighbors to the north - even the terrible drivers on the QEW), and for the marvelous people who frequent this site and so willingly share the benefit of their experience.

The one an only Moosewhizzer Dave!!  

12/25/2021 4:23 pm  #2

Re: That special time of year!

gee thanks M.W.D 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.