You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2021 3:15 pm  #1

Algonquin Archivist Wins Lifetime Achievement Award

Hi All, 
just wanted to share  two things - First that Rory MacKay  (aka Roderick), got awarded last weekend was awarded the Peggi Armstrong Award for Public Archaeology at the Ontario Archaeological Society Symposium for a lifetime's work in researching the history and archaeology of Algonquin and Bonnechere Provincial Parks and surrounding region. In specific, he contributed significantly in stimulating interest in the public by promoting archaeology and cultural heritage resources of and in Ontario. This was through the use of displays, demonstrations, workshops, training in excavation, techniques, site tours, and the development of educational programs and materials, publications and articles. In addition, he spent much time on fostering efforts to advance the ethical practice of archaeology.
Congratulations  Rory. Second, that my Algonquin Defining Moments podcast listening audience is growing - hit 7,000 downloads last weekend. Episode 24 was just published  last week.  You  can find it now on www.podbean.com, Apple Podcasts, Pandora and Spotify by searching Algonquin Defining Moments. For each I  also try  to posts related historical photographs that I have in my collection. These  are on my  website algonquinparkheritage.com.  Enjoy  - going  back in  time is really fun. Am incented now to do an episode on park archeology.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.