You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/10/2021 11:58 am  #1

Lockdown extension?

Not sure what their source is, and I'm not seeing it posted anywhere else just yet. But I always found it unlikely that they'd reopen the province right as the May long weekend kicks off, so it wouldn't surprise me. 

https://www.chch.com/ontario-considering-extending-lockdown-into-june/

5/10/2021 12:07 pm  #2

Re: Lockdown extension?

bloody hell

5/10/2021 12:26 pm  #3

It’s on the homepage of the star too. Pending a “rubber stamp” from the Ford cabinet.

5/10/2021 12:31 pm  #4

I sincerely hope this includes items like back-country camping and tennis ... the covid spread doing those activities can be catastrophic ... 

5/10/2021 12:44 pm  #5

Those two would only fall into the same category if you're travelling 4 hours to get to your tennis court ;). 

5/12/2021 9:31 am  #6

Administrator: No matter how frustrated we're getting over the Covid restrictions, please let's not use the forum as a platform for flaunting regulations. Thanks.

5/12/2021 11:06 am  #7

It takes a special kind of idiot to publicly post about breaking the law.

5/12/2021 11:29 am  #8

Glad someone raised this.

5/12/2021 11:55 am  #9

Peek wrote:

It takes a special kind of idiot to publicly post about breaking the law.

Right?  How would we ever know that people are out camping right now if someone didn't flaunt it on the internet.  

5/12/2021 12:13 pm  #10

Who was flaunting the regulations ?  and who is the idiot ?  

I re-read the recent posts and didn't see anything about flaunting regulations ... 

5/12/2021 12:17 pm  #11

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

Who was flaunting the regulations ?  and who is the idiot ?  

I re-read the recent posts and didn't see anything about flaunting regulations ... 

Post was removed.  Photos and story of spending the night in the park this past weekend.  Either way, if you're gonna do it - keep it to yourself. 

5/12/2021 12:34 pm  #12

Oh  .. thanks Mike .. i didn't see it.  As much as I'd like to be camping I don't want the fine that goes along with breaking the rules.  I heard on the radio a family that decided to bring some kids to a skate park in ottawa for a birthday party ... parks are closed and sign posted ... they got something like an $800 ticket ...  

I heard the chief medical officer from eastern ontario on the radio yesterday .. he usually doesnt tip his hand but he was very optimistic that we would be opening soon .. just that the numbers are not quite there in time for may long weekend.  I'm encouraged ... 

5/13/2021 5:41 am  #13

Not trying to stir anything up but they are encouraging people to do day trips as long as its your local district. What if there is a legitimate situation where one cannot safely return to their vehicle? At what point does safety trump the 'law'? I've read many trip reports about people over staying their permit due to weather etc (under normal circumstances) and that is all fine and dandy?
Basically they are encouraging people to make poor judgement calls when it comes to day trips and safety.
What if you day trip into a very remote area and your vehicle does not start when you return? All of a sudden a perfectly innocent person becomes a criminal.

Last edited by ATVenture (5/13/2021 6:14 am)

5/13/2021 6:22 am  #14

You’re not a criminal if any of the things you mention happen to you.

Safety never trumps the law. In a legitimate situation like what you have described whomever is enforcing the law simply won’t enforce it because they are a human being. In rare instances they’ll enforce it anyway, and then you go to court and plead your case. Or pay the fine.

Anyway, you made it abundantly clear that none of this actually applies to your situation. Everyone on this forum is fully aware people are going to break the rules, during covid and otherwise. It’s just poor form to brag about it.

5/13/2021 11:56 am  #15

5/13/2021 12:03 pm  #16

I stand with @ATVenture and have no problem with his actions. This is ridiculous. These lockdowns should have ended a year ago. 

5/13/2021 1:05 pm  #17

Going to stay at Antler's Kingfisher Lodge and do daytrips from there. Not my first choice but should be a fun weekend. 

Last edited by Lenny (5/13/2021 1:18 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.