You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2020 10:31 am  #1

Western uplands

Hi all, Happy Saturday.

Did anyone on here happen to hike the northern loop of the western uplands last summer. I know, or at least I think I know, that they have officially removed the section on the north east that includes loft and east end lakes. I think it was just closed so they don’t have to maintain it so it’s still walkable....I think.

Did anyone hike it and find a blown out beaver dam or uncrossable bridge that would prevent its use?

Thanks all

12/12/2020 4:41 pm  #2

Re: Western uplands

Hi Jd,
I hiked the upper loop in early July, but did not go on the East End/Loft Lake section (although I had a number of times in the past). At the western junction point near Brown Lake there was caution tape across the trail with a sign indicating trail closure. However, on my way back out near Stammer Lake I met another solo hiker who had hiked that section counter clockwise. Apparently there was no signage on the Rainbow Lake side and he was unaware of its closure until he exited at the other end. According to him, it was still traversable at that point.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by hiker72 (12/12/2020 4:43 pm)

12/12/2020 4:54 pm  #3

Re: Western uplands

Perfect. As I expected. Thanks.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.