You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2020 12:59 pm  #1

How good are you at rhyming?

I am working on an artsy project....not gonna tell you guys what it is right now, but when it is done I'll certainly post photos.  This is just something I'll hang in my living room, it isn't that big a deal, but I want to do a good job of it.  it is part wood working and part painting, and that's all you'll get out of me about it.  Anyway, I'm stuck on something and though AA'ers might be able to help me out.

I need a word that rhymes with Ontario, that I can use as a fun substitute for the word, and which would be immediately recognizable for the word I'm substituting for.  Like if I wrote Algonkwin instead of Algonquin.  This is probably the best example I can give, although I'm hoping for more than a simple letter substitution.

I've come up with a few, but as you will see they are not great:
OffArio, Off-Ario, Off-aireo, Out-in-the-air-io, Outario, Out-Airio.  I'm not crazy about starting with the word "Off" or "Out" though.  I feel like those could be read as a backhander at the province, which I would never do.  It may not be avoidable, however, and for the right word maybe and "Off" or "Out" word could work.  like if "Outstanding" suddenly started rhyming with "Ontario".

How about AntArio - give a little nod to "AA".....hmmmm.

Well, you get the idea.  Latin words would be cool.  Words with interesting meanings, etc.

This is like trying to rhyme with the word "Banana".

Time for me to get back to cooking a turkey instead of being a turkey.  For a change.

Thanks for any assistance!!

11/28/2020 8:24 am  #2

Re: How good are you at rhyming?

Happy Thanksgiving Dave! This is very curious - can't wait to see what you end up with.

A couple ideas for what it's worth...
Fond-of-the-air-io
On-a-tear-e-oh

11/28/2020 12:26 pm  #3

In the land of Don Cherry'o

11/28/2020 8:01 pm  #4

Those are great!  Don Cherry'o is very funny.  I know he's become a controversial figure, but I just keep thinking of him wearing those box collars and pants so tight he couldn't sit down when he was coaching.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.