You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2020 1:57 pm  #1

Welcome to Louisa (Full trip report w/ 15 campsite reports)

I shared the video from this trip last week but I've finally finished the full report... it's about 4,000 words, almost 50 pictures, and has 15 new campsite reports at the bottom. 

https://algonquinbeyond.com/trip-reports/welcome-to-louisa-four-days-in-algonquin-park/

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

9/05/2020 11:21 am  #2

Re: Welcome to Louisa (Full trip report w/ 15 campsite reports)

That's awesome man!  Great trip report and the pics came out really good!

9/05/2020 5:50 pm  #3

Thanks Steve!

algonquinbeyond.com

9/08/2020 7:28 am  #4

Excellent report and what a massive number of campsite reports with some great photos.  Thanks for contributing the the joy of others!

9/08/2020 9:34 am  #5

Thanks Cody, good read and a great resource.  I've been running into the backcountry rubbish as well, really unfortunate.  

9/08/2020 3:05 pm  #6

Thanks guys

algonquinbeyond.com

9/08/2020 4:38 pm  #7

Terrific report!  10 pounds of camera gear is pretty rough, but you made it pay off.  Plus you got an excellent shot of those crazy, wire-haired mergansers!  

Terrible about the garbage.  It just kills me.  AP is my favorite place on earth, I'm not going to be able to get there this year, and I'll never be able to understand any of the mindset that makes somebody think that is ok to do.  Conversely, I'm very glad you photographed it and shared.  Sometimes that's the best that can be done.  Maybe a few more people will see it who might not have, and adopt a better behavior.  I hope so.  

9/10/2020 6:50 pm  #8

Great report! The writing is nice and detailed but it’s the pictures that make it so good. Love the shots you got of the night sky and the close up animal pics. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it!

9/17/2020 10:25 pm  #9

MooseWhizzer Dave wrote:

Terrific report!  10 pounds of camera gear is pretty rough, but you made it pay off.  Plus you got an excellent shot of those crazy, wire-haired mergansers!  

Terrible about the garbage.  It just kills me.  AP is my favorite place on earth, I'm not going to be able to get there this year, and I'll never be able to understand any of the mindset that makes somebody think that is ok to do.  Conversely, I'm very glad you photographed it and shared.  Sometimes that's the best that can be done.  Maybe a few more people will see it who might not have, and adopt a better behavior.  I hope so.  

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

Great report! The writing is nice and detailed but it’s the pictures that make it so good. Love the shots you got of the night sky and the close up animal pics. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it!

Thanks guys! Camera gear is definitely heavy, but definitely worth it.

And thanks Drew, now that I've started bringing a DSLR I can't see myself going without it anymore. Just starting to look through pics from my most recent trip and I'm really happy with how some of the pics came out. Will need to check out your latest report after I catch up on some much needed sleep

algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.