You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2020 7:32 am  #1

Petawawa River / Otterslide Creek Water levels

Hey all! 

Travelling one way from Magnetawan to Canoe Lake at the end of this week, and was wondering if anyone had paddled the Petawawa from Daisy L through to White Trout, or Otterslide creek recently that could report water levels? Was in the south part of the park in mid July and water levels were very low. Thanks!

8/12/2020 7:38 am  #2

Re: Petawawa River / Otterslide Creek Water levels

hi h.p.   check out "algonquin park advisories" on the web site
   sections of algonquin are shown with each balloon, click on the balloon for more info,,  hope this helps,

Last edited by swedish pimple (8/12/2020 10:20 am)

8/12/2020 11:39 am  #3

My friend lives in Kearney and reports very low water on the Mag this year around his property.  I've read reports in the past where people had to line it.  It was a bit high in June though, so you might be okay.
I would suggest taking the "long route" from Mag to Queer and portaging south to Little Misty if it's applicable to your route.  All those portages are a breeze, and the long one is really well maintained.  Even saw some moose from it in June.

8/17/2020 2:32 pm  #4

we came through Otterslide Creek last Wednesday, water levels were good and we had no issues. 

8/18/2020 9:32 am  #5

Post trip updatre in case this info is useful to anyone going in soon! Both the Pet and Otterslide Creek had great water levels. Had to walk one short section of Otterslide, other than that, smooth paddling. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.