You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 9:08 am  #1

Chibiabos for 3 Nights?

Looking at taking my son out for a 3 night base-camp trip and am looking for any info on Chibiabos Lake.  How many campsites are on the lake?  Any preferences to sites?  Is the fishing any good? etc.... Basically we're looking for a very easy paddle in to a spot where we can hunker down for 3 nights and explore a bit.

Thanks!

6/30/2020 2:45 pm  #2

Re: Chibiabos for 3 Nights?

Just an update...I booked 3 nights on Chibiabos through the online reservation system.  Wasn't terrible but the map and list view showed the lake available, then when I plunked in the dates it said they were not available.  Then it still allowed me to book those dates.  I used that method posted in another thread to check the actual number of available sites on the lake and after I booked it appeared to drop to 1 of 2 so looks like it worked!

7/06/2020 7:22 am  #3

Hey Steve, stayed on chibiabos a few years back, had to site around back on the north end of the lake. It was mid August and quite nice in my opinion. (At the time it was my girlfriends first trip).  We fished a little bit with out much luck.  A few years later I proposed to her on that lake, right on the big rock off the other campsite.

7/06/2020 7:39 am  #4

That's awesome man sounds like a great spot to propose! Thanks for the info re the site, We'll check them both out.  I know there's a logging road that runs on the north end of the lake so I emailed the Forestry Authority and apparently they are not logging that area in August, so that's a good thing!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.