You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2020 9:45 am  #1

Galeairy L Day Trip With A Couple Stops En Route...

Hi Folks!,

Hope everyone is staying healthy and enjoying the nicer weather :-)  Thought I'd share some pics/details from a recent day trip...

https://sites.google.com/view/bypaddleortrail/tr-spr-2020

:-)

6/15/2020 9:47 am  #2

Re: Galeairy L Day Trip With A Couple Stops En Route...

Awesome shots Ash! Really love the snapper underwater near Farm Bay Falls.

Love the cabin ruins too! Great finds.

Question: Castalia Lake... ?

Edit: ah, Castalia Lake! (found it lol)

Last edited by Peek (6/15/2020 9:51 am)

6/16/2020 2:50 pm  #3

Thanks for sharing!
The picture of the standing outdoor fireplace under Galeairy Lake Cabin Ruins was from our family cabin.  We were there until approx. 1973-74.
Our family is from Pennsylvania, known as the Keystone State.  When the fireplace was built, they placed a keystone shaped rock above where you would put the wood in.  You can see that it was knocked out at some point, probably many years ago.  I have some incredible "old time" photographs from this cabin, and the surrounding area.  We have another cottage in the area now, and often go back to see the old cabin on Galeairy.

6/17/2020 10:34 am  #4

steelhead905 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
The picture of the standing outdoor fireplace under Galeairy Lake Cabin Ruins was from our family cabin.  We were there until approx. 1973-74.
Our family is from Pennsylvania, known as the Keystone State.  When the fireplace was built, they placed a keystone shaped rock above where you would put the wood in.  You can see that it was knocked out at some point, probably many years ago.  I have some incredible "old time" photographs from this cabin, and the surrounding area.  We have another cottage in the area now, and often go back to see the old cabin on Galeairy.

Oh wow!  That's so interesting.  Thanks for sharing...:-)

Re the missing stone - To state for the record - I don't take any souveneirs, only pictures of any ruins/remains I find :-)  I keep a KML map / bushlog of my trips - So I think I'll have to refer to this ruin as 'Keystone Cabin Remains' :-)

If you'd be willing to share (naturally no pressure) - Would be interested in seeing any pictures of the cabin / property in its' heyday...

Cheers

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.