You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2020 8:34 pm  #1

Westward & Wisp

Hey everyone,

I’m probably not getting out on an overnight in the next little bit, but I did manage a couple of day trips over the past few weeks. I got over to Westward and down to Wisp, both new lakes for me. It was fun, but it also just makes me miss actual camping. On the plus side, I did arbitrarily rename (or just name, I suppose) two ponds along the way, so that’s pretty exciting.

Anyways, the report is up now here:
https://allofalgonquin.com/2020/06/11/day-trippin-westward-wisp-more/

Drew

6/12/2020 10:58 am  #2

Re: Westward & Wisp

Thanks Drew, been a while since i've had one of these TRs to enjoy.  You'll have to lobby Jeff M with respect to Soaker and Batman.  Both seem like reasonable choices.  I have to say though, when I was looking at Westward on the map I noticed Guskewau L. along with a note that "Guskewau means darkness".  So you maybe have some competition from Conrad in the best name category.  

6/14/2020 12:50 pm  #3

Re: Westward & Wisp

Thanks Gord,

I’ll start lobbying Jeff now to get those names on the next version of the map. I’d never noticed Guskewau on the map before, but that’s a pretty awesome name too. I’m willing to split the best name award between it and Soaker Pond.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.