You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2019 9:59 am  #1

December Planning

Spent some time with the map and a coffee this morning searching and wondering. After the quiet Ahmek district last fall we are looking for some solitude again off the beaten path away from the masses. Would the Craig lake /Pishnecka area fit this bill? Has anyone been to this part of the park.I know North Tea can be GTA rush hour at times but am I safe to assume the bulk of this heads east after North Tea?

12/30/2019 12:29 pm  #2

Re: December Planning

We went there this past Labour Day weekend and didn't even bother with a reservation. We snagged the cosy little island on the west side of Craig. It was peaceful and we may have seen three different groups during that time. It's a very nice spot.

12/30/2019 3:39 pm  #3

I went there last year september from North Tea, as soon as I headed south to Cayuga lake, I saw maybe 1 other paddler on that string of lakes to pishnecka the whole weekend. Saw lots of wildlife. I was the only person camping on every lake but pishnecka where one other campsite was preoccupied.

1/01/2020 12:20 pm  #4

Thanks for the input. Trying to decide at this point if we would go this route or opt for a more heavily travelled route that we have yet to explore. A loop out of north Opeongo via water taxi. Decisions decisions... I take comfort in knowing whatever we decide it will be a great trip regardless.

Last edited by Shayne74 (1/01/2020 12:21 pm)

1/01/2020 3:49 pm  #5

Shayne74 wrote:

Thanks for the input. Trying to decide at this point if we would go this route or opt for a more heavily travelled route that we have yet to explore. A loop out of north Opeongo via water taxi. Decisions decisions... I take comfort in knowing whatever we decide it will be a great trip regardless.

If Hwy 60 is more accessible for you, look into Linda Lake. There aren’t too many campsites in that secluded little area so you wouldn’t see too many other groups. And the campsites on Linda are nice and face away from each other so there’s good privacy on the lake as well.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.