You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2019 7:19 am  #1

Islet lake

I have to run an errand up near AP next week might hike in for 1 night in the woods while I’m there. Anyone know what the backpacking sites on Islet look like ?

Thx Shawn

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

9/05/2019 9:17 pm  #2

Re: Islet lake

Hi Shawn,

I've hiked this section a number of times but haven't really gone off the trail to explore the Islet Lake sites. I do know that the first one in is visible through the trees once you cross the old railway bed over the water and I assume you can hike in without having to loop around by Ishkuday Lake. It looks like a shadier site. There's at least one site that's right on the trail with not much view of the water, so not great. The one on the point (Jeffsmap) may be a good one if you can score it (although I haven't seen it up close). Wish I could offer more details, but hope this helps a little. Hope you manage to get out and enjoy.

Cheers,

Rich

9/06/2019 7:32 am  #3

Re: Islet lake

Thx Rich.  I’ll check out the point site. Cheers.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.