You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2019 5:29 am  #1

Water levels?

Heading in to Drummer Sept.11. I've recently read about some water level issues within the park. Is the Ahmek region prone to low water concerns . I know some area are worse than others. Never been to Ahmek. Is there cause for concern?

8/09/2019 9:50 am  #2

Re: Water levels?

Hi Shayne, no worries up to a Drummer. I’ve been up there at pretty much every time of year and water levels on the way up are never a problem (unless you count the stream that crosses the drummer portage in spring, which can be fun to get across right after ice out).

If you want to day trip up to Tonakela, the tonalela end of the drummer/tonakela portage can be impacted by low water. The last part of the portage is through a wetland that is sometimes paddleable, sometimes not. Either way, it’s easy enough to portage around.

8/09/2019 3:17 pm  #3

Sounds great . Thanks for the input. Looking forward to checking out his area. 

8/11/2019 9:40 pm  #4

stay off that rope swing... it looked pretty sketch when I went through in 2016... and the site on Tonakela is the worst.

8/12/2019 1:13 pm  #5

was along hwy 60 a few weeks back and it looked like river levels were really low ... 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.