You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2019 10:33 am  #1

Pinetree Lake portage put-in

Trying to get an update on current conditions of the Pinetree Lake portage put-in (from Highway 60).

Historically there were a lot of old logs piled-up against the landing. I was there back in late June 2003. Here's a photo from my arrival, before I loaded the canoe ...

And here's a shot from the water another day, after I cut away one of the logs ...

I returned to Pinetree Lake back in 2006. The water was a bit lower and it appeared that more of the logs had been cleared away ...

These trips were before the commencement of the PCI project, so unfortunately one won't find any Pinetree Lake entries in it.

I'm wondering if the landing is still free of obstructions (logs). Has anyone got a more recent photo or recollection of the landing?

5/01/2019 12:20 pm  #2

Re: Pinetree Lake portage put-in

I may have a photo somewhere, but I was there last summer at some point (cant really remember when) for a hike. I vividly remember standing at the landing and thinking how big of a pain it would be to put in / take out there because of all the logs. Looked very similar to your photos.

5/01/2019 2:55 pm  #3

Not meaning to derail your post Barry but is it a nice hike in ?  Might be a decent little side hike with the kids sometime ...

5/01/2019 3:31 pm  #4

Kind of a monotonous hike compared to the great scenery around the lake from the water. Also, the trail has sections of soup-bowl-sized rocks hidden under the vegetation .. good for turning ankles. Need high-support hikers, not the trail for running shoes!

5/18/2019 3:27 pm  #5

We were there in September 2017. There are still a couple of logs left but we managed to put our canoe in between them and paddle out. I didn't take very good pictures since we were excited to take our packs off and start paddling.

I would post the pic but can't figure out how..

5/27/2019 9:58 am  #6

Hey Barry,

I go in once or twice a year, it more or less looks the exact same as your photos.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.