You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2019 12:12 pm  #1

Butane/Propane Canister Stand .. finally found one!

I always took the larger 230 gram Butane/Propane tanks on canoe trips (even on short trips) on account of their 4 1/4" base providing better stability than the 110 gram tanks' 3 1/2" base.

Admittedly, stability of even the larger tank, stove and pot can still be an issue .. requiring searching for a truly flat rock or scrapping the dirt flat with a rock.

Well I came across this thingy called a "Universal Canister Stand" by MSR. It may be that its been available for years and I just missed it. But in case its a new arrival, here it is.

Here, it's all folded-up. Its very small and light, just under 5 1/2" long .. positioned for comparison with a 230 gram 4 1/4" tank.

And here it is extended-out besides a 110 gram tank with its 3 1/2" base. The spring-loaded black plastic thing holds the base tight up against the two metal 'holders' that match the cannister's size.

With smaller tank, stove and pot ...

With larger tank, stove and pot ...

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.