You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2018 10:36 am  #1

Easy Lake Travers Sites?

Sorry for all the "looking for info" posts over the past couple of days...Still deciding on a November trip with my dad and looking at a few options (Basin, Sec again, etc.).  Looking again at a very easy access.   (i.e. drive-to or very short paddle). 

So has anyone been to any of the campsites I've circled here on Lake Travers?  It looks like there is one right at the put in but I was there last year and don't recall seeing a site there...

8/22/2018 6:25 pm  #2

Re: Easy Lake Travers Sites?

I think the site right at the put in is on the opposite side of the river.  I don't think any of those sites is fantastic, though I've seen people staying on the two Eastern-most sites you've circled.  If you can travel just a bit further, the next site on the North shore and the two on the South shore beyond the ones you've circled are excellent sites.  I'll be well worth the extra kilometer of travel.

8/27/2018 2:48 pm  #3

The only site on travers that is truly terrible is that closest site to the put-in.....

8/27/2018 3:00 pm  #4

Pretty much sums it up lol!  Thanks for the insight guys...

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.