You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2018 11:39 am  #35

Re: How are the bugs!?

I was in Saturday to Tuesday this week in the Tim/Mag/Rain area and found them to be pretty manageable. They came out a bit at dusk, but nothing that a good swatting couldn’t take care of. Didn’t need to pull out any of the bug gear I stocked up on after my June trip at all.

8/04/2018 9:16 am  #36

I just got back from the Cedar lake area on Thursday.  Other than a few portages where the bugs were quite bad (along the Little Madawaska in particular the flies were pretty bad), I found it generally very good.  I think I only applied bug spray twice over 6 days.

8/04/2018 7:25 pm  #37

So it sounds like the bugocalypse is over?

8/05/2018 6:44 am  #38

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

So it sounds like the bugocalypse is over?

The cold front and rain last week basically killed the deer flies off (thank god!). The mozzies and blackies are typical now, just a bit of a pain in the evenings and mornings.

8/10/2018 4:43 pm  #39

Just got back. Bugs were fine.  Couple at night. Sprayed deet 30 bens. No more problems.  So you don’t have to go nuclear to make them go away. After one of the rain storms in the night I heard a massive buzzing in the forest like they were all awakened at once,  did not hear many close to the tent though. Gone by morning. Great trip despite the rain.

8/10/2018 6:01 pm  #40

Double post sorry

Last edited by Shark (8/10/2018 6:02 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.