You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2015 3:28 pm  #1

Sand Lake Permits?

I am thinking about spending a single night on either Grand Lake or Sec Lake this coming Monday. I'm trying to get as much time in as I can before the freeze and my thanksgiving weekend is all booked so I need to satisfy the urge!
I don't get off work until 2PM Monday meaning I wouldn't reach the permit office until about 5PM. It says on the website that they close at 4. Do they have some sort of self-serve station? Do I need to call? Do I just spend the night and get a permit in the morning?

10/03/2015 5:10 pm  #2

10/03/2015 5:15 pm  #3

Re: Sand Lake Permits?

Crap! I was looking at this page! http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/camping/sand-lake-gate.php
So I guess I obviously need to bring exact change.

10/13/2015 1:15 am  #4

Try contacting East Gate.. they might be able to help you by getting your permit over the phone.  I've done that numerous times in the "off season" and been able to get into certain lakes way after closing.

EDIT: Just noticed this was for a trip dated previous to this post.   Hopefully it worked out for you but keep in mind my tip for next time for really anywhere in the park!

Last edited by Camper905 (10/13/2015 1:16 am)

----------------------------
What I'm known for---> My YouTube Channel!:  http://youtube.com/camper905

10/13/2015 6:01 am  #5

Camper905 wrote:

Try contacting East Gate.. they might be able to help you by getting your permit over the phone.  I've done that numerous times in the "off season" and been able to get into certain lakes way after closing.

EDIT: Just noticed this was for a trip dated previous to this post.   Hopefully it worked out for you but keep in mind my tip for next time for really anywhere in the park!

Thanks Donovan! I was actually going to make another post in here about the Kiosk access point. From now on Carmen is only open Fri, Sat & Sun and only until the end of the month. How long does it take to get sorted when you call? Do they just give you a number to write on a piece of paper for your dash?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.