You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2017 9:56 am  #18

Re: Winter camp clothes

I find there is a psychological effect to changing up my clothes at night. Also, even though you may not feel sweaty you could have moisture trapped. Changing into a dry wool base layer at night for me is key.
Hey, to each their own. 

12/05/2017 8:12 pm  #19

I like reading all the comments. I'm still stuck on wich down jacket to buy for sitting around camp. Just picked up a pair of sorel alpha Pac xt. Boots. I think those should be good for Algonquin trips. I will play it by ear with the changing of clothes. Definetly my socks will be changed.

YG2D

12/05/2017 8:34 pm  #20

I am in the night base layers are the same as the day base layers camp. It's just a personal preference I think. However, I am very conscious of not getting damp from sweat during the day.  Socks always get changed though.

12/06/2017 9:44 pm  #21

I'm down to the marmot shadow jacket 700fill or the north face l6 summit
Marmot is a lot cheaper.

YG2D

12/07/2017 1:15 am  #22

Winners @ Dixie Mall had some nice Marmot Down jackets. I think they were about $125.  They had some Mountain hardwear stuff too.  Might be worth a look at your local store.  

12/17/2017 9:37 am  #23

As far as wool sweaters and layers are concerned I've been ordering lots from the Gap lately. They have good deals and good quality clothes. This wool blend sweater in particular is very warm and fits very well and is a pretty good deal when they have good sales. I got it for $35.
http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pcid=5058&vid=1&pid=864249043

12/17/2017 11:00 am  #24

ATVenture wrote:

As far as wool sweaters and layers are concerned I've been ordering lots from the Gap lately. They have good deals and good quality clothes. This wool blend sweater in particular is very warm and fits very well and is a pretty good deal when they have good sales. I got it for $35.
http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pcid=5058&vid=1&pid=864249043

I bought a bunch of crap I probably shouldn't of bought. Lol

YG2D

12/18/2017 4:00 pm  #25

"I bought a bunch of crap I probably shouldn't of bought."  That should be on the front and back of a (technical) t-shirt that every single camper who enters the woods is required to wear at all times. 

12/18/2017 4:25 pm  #26

Buying gear just might be an even bigger part of the overall ritual than route planning! :-)

12/19/2017 8:27 am  #27

Rab down jacket ,  baffin boots , blackdiamond gortex shell , synergy gortex pants, smartwool base layer,  couple synthetic jackets uplink hoodie , thermoball , fleece and wool sweater , wool socks and hats , mitts skimask. I'm pretty much good to go now. I will probably ruin all this stuff but I was tired of spending my time looking at gear. Had to get it out the way so I can go experience winter camping.

YG2D

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.