You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2017 8:35 am  #1

Radiant or Little Cauchon

Hi all,

I'm heading up to the Cedar access point next week with some guys from work. We'd originally planned on going in to Catfish, but I just came through there and I don't want to subject these guys to the portages in between Cedar and Catfish. I'm thinking now that it would be better to do either Radiant or Little Cauchon. Any recommendations between the two? Or other options? I'm kinda stuck with Brent because I left my canoe at the AO there for the week.

Thanks,

Drew

8/21/2017 9:00 am  #2

Re: Radiant or Little Cauchon

Carl Wilson lake would be a nice option as well from that access point.

8/21/2017 9:08 am  #3

How about Windigo to Allan to North Depot

Shawn G

8/21/2017 9:40 am  #4

If you have more than one vehicle, you could travel from Brent to Radiant and then up the North River to Wendigo.  We really like doing that route.   The road into Wendigo is pretty rough but we always seem to manage even though our small car has low ground clearance.  Radiant is a really nice lake though you may encounter motorboats on it -- there are several cottages and a First Nations campground on the lake.

8/21/2017 7:56 pm  #5

I stayed on Little Cauchon just recently.  I got a decent site (third one on the south shore coming from Cedar).  What I wasn't expecting on Little Cauchon (I should have looked at my map more closely) was all the cottages on the lake.  There was also the odd motor boat puttering up and down the lake.  It was a bit too civilized for my taste.  I can't comment about Radiant.

8/21/2017 9:18 pm  #6

Hey Drew,

The trip from Cedar to Radiant is a nice one, assuming Cedar is kind to you.  As others have pointed out and as I have experienced, you can expect some motor boats on Radiant.  There are a few really good campsites on Radiant (rock campsite looking east on the lake, and beach sites on the top of the lake).

Fred

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.