You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2017 10:24 pm  #1

Blue Lake

I'm planning a 3 night trip for the end of August and was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the campsite on Blue Lake. I can't seem to find any information on this one. It's the lake between Shippagew and Big Trout. 

7/12/2017 5:58 am  #2

Re: Blue Lake

The only thing I can say about the campsite on Blue Lake is although I have never camped on it, I canoed by it about 10 years ago and it did not look like a good campsite.  Pretty small if I remember correctly.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

7/12/2017 8:04 am  #3

I took a close look at the Blue Lake campsite when I passed through there last year. I didn't set foot on it mind you, but I paddled right up to it. From the water, at least, it's an ugly little barely-used campsite that I wouldn't want to spend time on. I distinctly remember seeing a couple of locations on Blue Lake where I thought "that would make a great spot for a site" - too bad they're not using any of them. 

The Shippagew campsite, on the other hand, is great.

7/12/2017 10:27 am  #4

I figured that this was likely the case based on the lack of information on this campsite. I appreciate the confirmation though.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.