You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2017 11:58 am  #1

White Fish Lake

Does anyone have any intell about the sites on White Fish Lake (beyond the PCI, thanks Chris Taylor)?

I'm taking my 6 year old there soon and while I'm sure we can have a great time anywhere, it's always nice to have some information in advance.

Thanks!

7/01/2017 8:11 am  #2

Re: White Fish Lake

There's an actual beach on the lake White fish is also is the home to Algonquin parks Group Camping so the beach could be busy as for the sites on the lake I've never camped on them the lake has Lake Trout and if you put the time you will catch a few I wish I could be more help

Shawn G  

7/01/2017 8:25 am  #3

The island site is pretty nice. Lots of little rock points to fish or swim from. Picnic table too. 

7/02/2017 12:18 pm  #4

I paddled white fish a couple years ago as an afternoon trip from the rock lake campground. I did not camp on any of the sites, but did look at them.As above, island campsite is nice, but I found it a very uninteresting lake. Nothing much to look at, a few cottages at the river mouth to rock lake, although the paddle through the short river piece might be nice with a little one. The beach at rock lake campground is nice too for a different swimming spot. There's a bike trail along the one side of whitefish, but that won't be much help to you.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.