You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2017 3:44 pm  #18

Re: Access Point 3 - Magnetawan

.. and as often happens, my trip has changed somewhat. I decided I was taking it too easy on myself with the route as planned so I've extended the loop, and with the bug situation being what it is I decided Little Misty was a bad choice. Here's the new route:

The online booking system provides some interesting information about where people like to camp. Misty and McIntosh appear to be super-popular destinations while Timberwolf, sandwiched directly between them, gets no love. So far I'm the only booking on the lake that night. 

Sadly my changes means I'll still have never camped on Ralph Bice, but at least I'll paddle some of it!

6/23/2017 3:52 pm  #19

Nice re-route. I like it.

Timberwolf is a nice little lake. Aim for the south-west campsite, the rest leave more to be desired.

I am curious about Shah Lake and have been for some time. Please take tons of pics and share them with us when you get back.  

White Trout Lake is nice and the spring is legit. Rosebary is also nice, a few good sites there. I wouldn't feel bad about not having camped on Ralph Bice.. it's a fairly uninteresting lake, but thats my opinion. I am sure others out there would disagree, but when I passed through it a couple times (and camped on it once) I found it crowded and meh. 

Overall a great west-side trip, have fun man!

Last edited by Peek (6/23/2017 3:53 pm)

6/23/2017 8:19 pm  #20

When you are back please report the number of beaver dams on the Tim or skeeters on Timberwolf, whatever is higher.

6/24/2017 8:13 am  #21

@Peek I've camped on Shah, Timberwolf and White Trout before (the latter two a few times). Rosebary and David will be new camping spots for me, so it's two new pins for my wall map. On Timberwolf I've usually stayed on the Northeast point site and quite liked it, but I'll check out that southwest one - thanks for the tip. 

My one night on Shah was part of an ice-out trip a few years ago. It was windy as hell, to the point I actually rigged a tarp vertically to try to give myself some peace. It's a nice enough little lake but there's nothing particularly memorable about it. 

@EddyTurn: I'll pack some dynamite. Now I just need something to deal with the beaver dams...

7/06/2017 7:52 pm  #22

I'll assume it was Uppa passing by my site on Mubwayaka.  Since the first site is shielded from the south I'll only be in the background of you talking to your camera.

And for those interested (formerly) Jeff's map's note about water levels on David creek isn't an issue right now, at least for the km or so I paddled.

Last edited by keg (7/06/2017 7:53 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.