You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2017 12:01 pm  #1

SNOW?????????????????????

Going in this coming Sunday, and first night I am suppose to get 3 cm of snow!!!   arrrgggghhhhh  And -3C too!!

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

5/04/2017 12:10 pm  #2

Re: SNOW?????????????????????

Will you be dancing in the snow? LOL agreed, the forecast is horrifying for the weekend.

5/04/2017 2:25 pm  #3

Yes....but with clothes on!!!  lol

5/04/2017 3:53 pm  #4

This unforgiving weather is going to make for some EXCELLENT TROUT fishing once it is over on Monday.  Worst care scenario, it will keep the AMATEUR fisherpersons off the lake thus more for me to catch! lol

Dress warm, bring plenty of tarps, put one over your tent for preventative measures, a covered spot on campsite close to campfire if possible (if you can find dry wood.....look for tall thin dead trees away from campsite....this will be your best source of dry wood....and stay as warm as possible  Use one of your tarps to cover dry wood.  One thing is certain....NO FIRE BAN!!!

Also when sleeping for the night, don't forget to wear a toque which will keep your body heat in!

Last edited by boknows (5/04/2017 3:55 pm)

5/04/2017 4:24 pm  #5

Sounds like you won't have any trouble keeping the Liquids Cold.     Have a Great trip and should keep the bugs at bay as well.   I will be a bit south of you on Sunday and dressed very warm.

5/05/2017 7:05 am  #6

Just checked Deux Rivieres weather forecast and it is GETTING WORSE EACH DAY NOW!

I am now suppose to be getting 5 cm of snow now on Sunday night, May 7th and again snow on Monday and Tuesday.

I AM STILL GOING IN!!!!  I usually go in to some very nice weather.  I guess this is payback BIG TIME.

Need to pack more warm clothes and snowman building mitts!!!

5/05/2017 7:10 am  #7

It seems they keep pushing back the bad weather. On Wednesday it said it will supposed to start getting nasty Thurs morning, then yesterday morning it was moved to late afternoon, then before I went to bed it said Friday morning... well guess what? It's sunny here still, and it says not until this afternoon now.

5/05/2017 7:45 am  #8

ATVenture wrote:

It seems they keep pushing back the bad weather. On Wednesday it said it will supposed to start getting nasty Thurs morning, then yesterday morning it was moved to late afternoon, then before I went to bed it said Friday morning... well guess what? It's sunny here still, and it says not until this afternoon now.

Yes, I think weathermen have been smoking FUNNY STUFF!!!

5/05/2017 8:29 am  #9

ATVenture wrote:

i SENT YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

5/05/2017 9:10 am  #10

kinda like "george carlin`s,, al sleet hippy dippy weatherman" routine 
  for those old enough to remember?

Last edited by swedish pimple (5/05/2017 11:10 am)

5/05/2017 11:53 am  #11

swedish pimple wrote:

kinda like "george carlin`s,, al sleet hippy dippy weatherman" routine 
  for those old enough to remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1uaw3WIOlc

5/05/2017 7:10 pm  #12

....this rain is like watching Groundhog day 1,242 times in a row!!! 

5/06/2017 8:46 am  #13

I'd like to agree with the dancing part but I've spent too many a miserable day in the park in early spring. It can get pretty trying with  the wind and cold. Hopefully one is carrying enough liquor and other 'things' to deaden the misery . Suffering right now with a very bad foot that will keep me out of the park for probably the whole season and maybe permanently . 

5/08/2017 10:56 am  #14

Was fishing another Park a bit south of APP on the weekend and even with the snow flurries there was a Bug hatch going on ( lots of swallows flying around ) and of course that also means the Trout where on a feeding frenzy as well.    so not all was lost to snow and wind.....

5/09/2017 1:24 pm  #15

It rained for two days straight. Then it snowed for two days straight. 

5/09/2017 4:43 pm  #16

Sure it caught a lot of people unprepared for that,   and sure it made it difficult to find dry firewood for fires to at least warm up.    brrrrrrrrrrrr.......  but on the PLUS side   no bugs......

5/13/2017 8:02 pm  #17

Still alive......now no snow in my bedroom! LOL

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.