You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2017 9:23 am  #1

Access Road Conditions

I noticed on the AO site that they had been up the Rain Lk road and a high clearance vehicle was recommended.  I was wondering if anyone had been up the Magnetewan access road or planned to be before the 28th.
 I don't think my minivan is considered high clearance so if you have any info it'd be appreciated.
Only 11 more sleeps!!!!
Thanks

4/20/2017 12:40 pm  #2

Re: Access Road Conditions

Last year I lived in South River, close to Rain Lake access.  

​I went to Tim Lake when interior tripping was allowed.  If you did not have HIGH CLEARANCE to get to RAIN LAKE, they would not give you an interior permit.  Looks like again this year, the same problem exists.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/20/2017 12:52 pm  #3

The high clearance recommendation is a seasonal thing because of normal pot holes, leftover snow or ice and probably a few partial washouts. Once the spring melt has settled down and the road has been graded then there isn't usually any particular need for a high clearance vehicle. 

4/20/2017 1:39 pm  #4

I'm also looking for information on the condition of the Magnetawan access road, please share if/when you have anything. Thanks!

4/20/2017 2:49 pm  #5

does anyone know how far you can get on the Brent Road before its closed to the public? From what I remember it's used for logging year round and to access many other lakes besides Algonquin Park lakes.  so do they gate it off at the park boundary? or up by the highway?

4/20/2017 4:16 pm  #6

I was at Rain Lake road today. Washout approx. 10km before the access that I was unable to pass with my small car. Hopefully its fixed by the weekend because the lake will probably be open by then or shortly after. The road was in great shape until this point, was was freshly graded this morning it looked like.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.