You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2017 8:29 am  #1

CABIN FEVER!!

Has anyone else have cabin fever like I do?  I can only read so many posts and trip logs to help me get through the days!

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/14/2017 8:52 am  #2

Re: CABIN FEVER!!

I'm pretty sure everybody does, but I got a chance to scratch that itch recently.  There's a small lake walking distance from the house in a park.  Can paddle one end to the other in five-seven minutes I bet. I take the kids there pan-fishing sometimes.  Last year it was drained to replace the earthen dam and dredged a little deeper. Gone for a year.  In February, we had a warm week, with a Friday that pushed temps to the low 70's F (22 C) with a very mild breeze.  Ice was gone and I couldn't take it any more so I threw the boat in there for fifteen or twenty minutes.  "FIRST!"  Water temp was 40-42 F (5 C).  I'm actually thinking about getting the boat in the water tomorrow, supposed to be a nice day.

4/14/2017 8:56 am  #3

The majestic, spiritual and soothing Algonquin Park is calling me home.   I am going to take a drive there tomorrow and visit!

​This lake I speak of
Will never get marred
​This lake I speak of
​Will always be clear
This lake I speak of
I might never find
​For this lake has often
​Been killed by mankind

Last edited by boknows (4/14/2017 9:00 am)

4/14/2017 9:32 pm  #4

I am feeling it too! Today I was able to stand on the shores of Kiosk Lake and breath in the beautiful Algonquin air.

4/14/2017 11:40 pm  #5

I feel you guys but not sure I can claim cabin fever when this was my morning today in the packraft

4/15/2017 5:51 am  #6

PhillyPhilster wrote:

I am feeling it too! Today I was able to stand on the shores of Kiosk Lake and breath in the beautiful Algonquin air.

Did you do much exploring?

4/15/2017 12:24 pm  #7

ATVenture wrote:

PhillyPhilster wrote:

Did you do much exploring?

We explored around the campground and stopped at a few spots on the river along the road in. We didn't go down the railroad track/trail.

4/15/2017 4:00 pm  #8

I was at the family farm for the last few days to go see my favourite family member... my kayak ;)

Joking aside it was great to spend time with my parents, but pulling my 'yak out of its winter storage spot, cleaning it up, doing some maintenance work, and then loading it on the car to bring home was just so cathartic. It's in my backyard now and I keep stepping outside just to look at it. 

Guys, it's happening. We'll be camping again so damn soon now!

4/16/2017 4:18 am  #9

YEAH BABY!!!

4/16/2017 7:01 am  #10

do you mean waking up at about 4:30 every morning and counting down the days.   then I have what I call Spring Fever.       been like this the last 2 weeks.    Can almost Taste that first meal of   Fresh Trout, Pork and Beans and Fried Potatoes cooked over an open fire.     

4/16/2017 7:12 am  #11

Even though I am not a doctor, I VERY STRONGLY believe that you have the FEVER for once again interior tripping into the GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!

4/16/2017 9:45 am  #12

boknows wrote:

Even though I am not a doctor, I VERY STRONGLY believe that you have the FEVER for once again interior tripping into the GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!

I've got the fever!!!!
I can't believe how much rain we are getting/got this weekend! Bye bye ice!!! Next time I head to Kiosk I think I'm going to take the boat.. I gots a funny feeling...

4/16/2017 3:50 pm  #13

It was raining pretty hard when we left Mew lake this morning!!

4/16/2017 8:49 pm  #14

I strongly believe the ice will be gone by opening weekend or shortly thereafter.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.