You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2017 5:28 pm  #18

Re: Canoeing in very cold water

great subject and another thing to remember once you are in the park and at the camp don't try and be a hero on those real windy days and either come up a Plan B to fish out of the wind or understand you are going to be windbound for the day or part of the day,    my son and I have changed our plans many times as it was away to windy to go the lakes we had planned on for that day.   we base camp.

saved a couple on Ragged Lake quite a few years ago,   they where doing the right thing by hugging the shore but ( probably instinct )  when they tipped,   they tried to get all their supplies,   Son and I yelled at them to get out of the water and we headed their way.    going to say it took us all of 5-7 mins and the Lady was already in shock.   told her to take her outer wet clothes off and we gave them some our spare clothing,    also got a fire going for them and a group ahead had heard us yell and came back and rescued most of their stuff.     don't want to think what would have happened if we didn't cross pathes.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.