You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2017 4:22 pm  #1

May weekend to Barron Canyon

If I plan to finally do the Barron canyon what access do I have to take? I tried booking something but it would alert me that The selected area is beyond a reasonable travel time from your selected access point. Please select a different access point or zone, or call the park directly.

Trip is 2-3 guys and it's for a 2 night stay. Can someone advise on the best way for us to do this and what lake is best to stay at which will give us access to the canyon by water and or land. We would have to rent a canoe and have it dropped off. Coming up from Mississauga

I used to be on this forum before but I lost my login info and has to register again. I did search Barron Canyon before posting but couldn't find anything saying where to launch from, what access point etc....

Last edited by gopenguins (4/06/2017 5:36 pm)

4/06/2017 5:35 pm  #2

Re: May weekend to Barron Canyon

Hey gopenguins the access for the canyon can be from Grand lake at Achray, from Brigham lake,or paddle up River from Squirrel Rapids. When reserving use Grand Lack/Achray #22. As for seeing the canyon by foot there is the Barron canyon trail that is about 1 km long and access from Barron canyon road near kilometre 29. There are many different lakes to stay at when doing the canyon route but the one I use is start at Achray and end at squirrel depot, stay first night on St. Andrews or high falls lake or opalescent lake the second night in the lower canyon. You can mix it up depending on how much ground you want to cover in a day. We usually do it in a weekend but can be longer if you have a slower pace. You will have to arrange a car shuttle from Achray or drop a second vehicle at Squirrel Rapids.

Get out there and do it!!! Life's to short to wait!!

4/06/2017 7:21 pm  #3

Thanks Packrat69

4/07/2017 6:50 am  #4

When are you looking to do this trip? How much tripping experience do you have? 
If going in the summer I would suggest doing a route that allows you to check out "High Falls" as well.

4/07/2017 7:32 am  #5

We have put it on hold for now as I guess it would make sense to go with a larger group. If you got some good tips I could archive it away for when we do go. Thanks for reading the post.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.