You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2017 1:45 pm  #1

Frogg Toggs rain suit

I ordered this "Frogg Toggs" rain suit off of Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007SF1E96/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Has anyone else ever used them? I just got it in the mail today 2 days after ordering and it actually seems pretty amazing for the price. I thought for sure it would be too small (its a S size) but it fits me PERFECT with a few extra layers on underneath and I'm 5'11" and 190lbs. I was really honestly expecting to get something I'd probably never use, but the idea of it appealed to me and it definitely worked out!
Its defineately not something that is going to last years of use obviously but I think if I only use it in the canoe and in open areas on land (would puncture fairly easy I think) it should last a few seasons.

Last edited by ATVenture (5/02/2017 1:48 pm)

5/02/2017 4:08 pm  #2

Re: Frogg Toggs rain suit

I think of Frogg Toggs as a fishing - fly fishing even - brand. That price looks really cheap.Never tried them but do remember looking at them years ago. Definitely light. 

Let us know how it holds up. 

5/02/2017 7:32 pm  #3

They do have a following with a lot of backpackers because they are light and relatively inexpensive. Many look at them as emergency gear and defer to more reliable gear like Marmot Precip when bad weather is more certain. Frogg Toggs are reputed to be a little fragile. Be gentle with them and they should last.

Dave

5/07/2017 5:30 pm  #4

I use frog toggs for backpacking trips for the last few years and they have held up pretty great, no holes yet!!! For kayaking and canoeing I use level six paddling tops and pants, heavier weight but do a great job keeping us dry and warm.

Get out there and do it!!! Life's to short to wait!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.