You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2017 10:30 am  #1

Change of Destination, now its Opeongo or Bust!...

Well my collective group of buddies have just decided to change venues for our spring trip due to weather conditions. I think we are all getting old and soft! Anyway, we are now going to do a simple basecamp type trip to Opeongo. Wondering if anyone can suggest a campsite that would hold 3-4 tents with some weather protection. I have been on Opeongo countless times over the last 30 or so years of tripping but oddly enough never camped on it. Any suggestions are welcome, We are of course fishing as well,... any hints along those lines would also be appreciated, please pm me if you would like.

Most appreciative!

Moonman.

5/05/2017 11:32 am  #2

Re: Change of Destination, now its Opeongo or Bust!...

There are too many sites for all your tents that will accommodate you to mention here.

You should be able to pick and chose.  Some gorgeous ones are going through the narrows to the portage to Wright Lake and then on to Bonfield and Dickson.  Do not know how far you want to paddle, but these sites are excellent and also have a nice sandy beach (maybe had a nice sandy beach with all the rain????) which makes it so easy to get in and out of your canoe at your campsite.

Lakers as you know will be close to the surface and as they roam the lake, you can fish anywhere and probably catch some.  I have always preferred Williams Wablers and Silver Moose Lucks and also any lure that is white.  These are the lures I always use when fishing Opeongo.....the bigger the better!!!!

Good luck!

Last edited by boknows (5/05/2017 11:34 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

5/05/2017 11:41 am  #3

Re: Change of Destination, now its Opeongo or Bust!...

Thanks Bo! As always very much appreciated!

Moonman

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.