You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2017 8:35 am  #171

Re: So when does the ice-out prediction conversation start???

ATVenture wrote:

andrewr0520 wrote:

hiker72 wrote:

Sounds great Andrew, I love that upper loop! Are you doing the whole loop or taking the portage shortcut from south of Brown's Lake to Ladyslipper? I can't wait to get some hiking in myself at some point this year....

I'm doing the whole upper loop....Weed Lake, West Otterpaw, Brown, then out. Hopefully the road is accessible! 

If worst comes to worst tell them you want to backpack from where the road is closed. It will only add 2km at most onto your trip, and there's lots of room for parking. As a matter of fact, the part of Rain Lake road that's just where the closure was is a part of the old rail bed that the backpacking trail runs on for the first few KM so you could probably park there and instead of hiking down the actual road to the access point you could just stay on the old rail line and meet up with the trail?
I seen yesterday or the day before that a few Jump Off Sites were booked at Rain Lake, so obviously they either drove in or hiked in.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I did the lower WU and the Highland trails last year, and was planning a Highlands trip if this one got rained out. But I really wanted to explore the upper WU loop. So hopefully they acquiesce!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.